the 2010 5A State Baseball Championship team each received a letter
from Congressman John Sullivan congratulationg them on their successful
efforts. The letter was read by School Board President Wendell
Johnson who made the presentation at Monday's board meet.
meeting results below ... in the text)
photo above Sunday and received digital text below Monday -- Ted)
Collinsville Public Schools
1119 West Broadway
Collinsville, OK 74021
All persons interested in attending the Special School Board Meeting
for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should make
plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place to
Date: June 28, 2010 Monday
Time: 7:00 p.m..
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 W. Broadway Collinsville, OK 74021
The following items
will appear on the agenda at the above scheduled meeting to wit:
NOTE: The Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove,
vote to table or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members Present.
2) Record of Members Present and Absent. -- Johnson,
Stout, Ostrander present with Sears arriving during item 4
3) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders
FY2010 General and Building Funds. -- approved
4) Recognition of 5A State Baseball Champions. --
see photo & letter above
5) Discussion and Vote to Approve School District Facility Use Policy
and Procedures Lance West. -- approved,
slight adjustments for the policy that has been in place the past year
(raising ~$12K mostly covering related custodial & utility expenses).
It was expanded for non-athletic facilities, slight adjustments for
fees, definition of Collinsville -vs- non-Collinsville teams, etc.
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Twelve (12) Month Administrator Vacation
Day Policy. -- approved (affects only 4 employees)
and is 20 vacation days making more in line with recent 11 month employee
7) Bids and Purchases:
a) Van for CNP Food Transportation. -- approved,
after many other plans fell thru on other potential vehicle/lift vombinations
the past few months, this is a $5950 Ford van from Kent's.
8) Vote to Approve Certification of Encumbrance Clerk for FY11.
-- approved (Pat Sunday)
9) Vote to Approve Purchasing and Receiving Agent for FY11.
-- approved (Stacy Byrum)
10) Vote to Approve Certification of Activity Fund Custodian and Co-signers
for FY11. -- approved (Pat Sunday with Co's:
Due and West)
11) Vote to Approve Minutes Clerk and Assistant Minutes Clerk for FY11.
-- approved (Pat
Sunday & Rita Pate)
12) Discussion and Vote to Approve Transfer Activity Fund Monies to
Independent District I-6, Treasurer. -- approved
(~$5K from fees, fines, lost books,etc)
13) Discussion and Vote to Hire or Not Hire Classified Support Personnel
for the 2010-2011 Fiscal Year. -- approved, the
list did not include 3 TA still lacking certification now required for
certain additional federal funding.
14) Discussion and Vote to Approve Certified Working Agreement for FY2011.
-- approved (step increases only)
15) Discussion and Vote to Approve Support Working Agreement for FY2011.
-- approved (sick leave donation just like teacher's
16) Discussion and Vote to Approve Lease/Purchase Agreement for FY2011.
a) Bank of the Lakes ESC 12 payments.
b) First Pryority Bank Batting Facility 1 payment.
(next to last payment)
c) RCB School Bus - 1 Payment..
d) OME (Okla. Mailing Equip) 1 annual payment.
e) Security Bank Wilson Copier 12 Payments.
f) Security Bank Herald Copier 12 Payments.
g) Arvest MS Copier 12 Payments.
17) Resignations: -- accepted
a) Kelly Anderson, High School Teacher and Coach.
(to opportunity at Kelleyville)
b) Zack Kinsey, Middle School Teacher. (back closer
to home .. was 8th grade social studies)
18) Hiring of Personnel: -- approved
a) MS Special Needs Teacher - 1 Yr Contract. (Taylor
Hullihan from Oologah)
b) Wilson Special Needs Teacher 1 Yr Contract.
c) MS Math/Science Teacher 1 Yr Contract.
(Kacy Keith -- 2006 CHS Grad,
certified thru 6th grade)
19) Assistant Superintendents Report: --
Lance West reported on these topics:
* a copy of the custodial supplies bid sheet was shown to each board
* Middle School chiller tower drain system has been installed.Water
treatment (with gylcol) will be held off until October.
* custodial plans still being revised ...may adjust hours ... with night
work farmed out to reduce workers comp..
* New electrical outlets for Herald Elementary math lab -- work bid
* HVAC Mainteance (two HS students under Mike Warnock's supervision)
will be cleaning filters and other work to prep units for August.
* Alt. Ed building appearance improvements
* Several MS projects nearly complete (w/ Howard Ray helping)
20) Superintendents Report: Terry Due reported
on these topics:
a) Comp Time Payment for FY2010. -- Terry reported
that a change requested by Pat Sunday (a year ago?) to agjust secretary
hours from 35 to 40 hous had kept comp time to a minimum as she had
predicted (and Pat Herald doubted). One excpetion was comp time to one
secretary involved in payroll for the numerous school district employees.
* While not directly addressing the current Skiatook school issues (grand
jury and fired superintendent) ...Terry thanked the Collinsville School
business office for "doing things right". Specifically thanking
Rita Pate and Pat Sunday who other schools turn to see how Collinsville
does things. Terry says business operations here are transparent and
in the best interst of the school district.
* On state funding cuts ... and why Collinsville is surviving better
than most schools
-- basically have been trying to stay lean every year and have some
-- Collinsville is routinely about 25 kids/class ... where as recent
Tulsa school layoffs take them from about 21 to 23 kids/class.
-- spending on needs -vs- wants
* Rita Pate provides a summary financial report to the board members
showing "The Realities of State Budget Cuts" with a total
loss of over a million dollars which was softened (temporarily) somewhat
by ARRA (stimulus) dollars for a net loss of $297,197. Uncertainty remains
on the next round of state cuts as the basis for cuts could differ from
2.9 to 8.9%. The district gained 70.78 students but not the customary
increase in state aid. State mandated benefits promised to be paid by
the state are being paid by the schools instead.
* The concern of "exclusive milk" provision in the new Coke
contract was removed.
This notice being
publicly given and displayed by the authority of the School Board of
Independent District I-6, acting by and through the undersigned.
Terry Due, Superintendent
Posted this 24th day of June 2010 at 12:00 Noon. on the door of the
Education Service Center,
1119 West Broadway, Collinsville, OK 74021.
=======================Ted Wright's comments added in purple