persons interested in attending the Regularly Scheduled School Board
Meeting for Collinsville Public Schools, Independent District I-6, should
make plans to attend the meeting at the following date, time and place
to wit: Date: Nov. 6, 2006 -- Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: Education Service Center, 1119 West Broadway, Collinsville OK
Note: I was at the city
commission meeting during much of the early portion of this meeting
so the coverage is partial -- Ted
1) Call to Order and Roll Call of Members. -- all
2) Record of Members Present and Absent.
3) Presentation by the Constituency.
4) Reading of Minutes - Oct. 9, 2006 Regular Meeting.
5) Approval of Purchase Orders and Payment of Purchase Orders - FY2007
General, Building Funds and Building Bond 2006 and FY06 General, Building
Fund Reserves and All District Funds - Approval of Budgets, Reports,
Allocations and Investments.
6) Discussion and Vote to Approve Activity Fund Fund-raisers.
7) Vote to approve Tulsa Technonogy Student Course Credit.
8) Vote To Approve sending Board Members and Administration to NSBA
National Convention in San Francisco.
9) Public Hearing for the Purpose of Hearing Comment on Financial Matters
of the School District, Including Past and Future Expenditures of the
10) Discussion and Vote to approve Collinsville Public Schools Independent
District I-6 Fiscal Year Budget for FY 2007. --
approved ($12.91 million general fund and
$279,445 building fund appropraitions are estimated)
Discussion and vote to approve election call resolution.
-- Approved. The post #2 board position currently held by Joe Hampton
(who has announced he will seek re-election) will be on the ballot Feb.
13th (& April 3rd runnoff if necessary). The filing period for the
post is open from Dec. 4th-6th from 8am-5pm at the Tulsa County Election
Board. The term is for 5 years.
12) Assistant Superintendent's Report. -- Terry
Due reported on the following topics:
asphalt should be layed within a week and the special top coating
might be added within 2 weeks (after a fence).
roof has started on the north section including insulation. The construction
superintendent has changed. The project is ahead of schedule.
School parking lot has
been paved. Big thanks to Tulsa County & Wilbert Collins.
on metal building for baseball press box. Electrical work in place.
bus & grasshopper bids to be opened Nov. 14th
13) Superintendent's Report.
-- Pat Herald presented a plaque to board member Wendell Johnson who
has reached the level 3 of board certification (a combination of training
and conferences) which is the highest ever achieved by a Collinsville
-- Veterans programs planned at 3 schools.
-- Emily Richardson named to volleyball all-state team.
-- CHS academic team 2nd at conference meet.
-- CHS trimester ends Friday with tests.
CHS gained 62 students this school year.
15) New Business. -- none